Drain bladder stuck in pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

sdjerry

Reaction score
So we have this clog somewhere further down in our kitchen sink pipes. I attempted using one of those drain bladders (small size), and unfortunately not only is the clog still there but the bladder is stuck. It will not budge, anyone ever in similar circumstances find a way to get theirs out? Or am I stuck just cutting the pipes?

Attachments

• 20170513_223144[1].jpg
    20170513_223144[1].jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 740

sdjerry

Reaction score
Did u take the pressure off? If so then twist hose clockwise while pulling out

Yes, pressure is off and the hose is disconnected from the valve on the other end. I haven't had any luck with trying to twist clockwise while pulling it out, it just won't budge as of right now.

Reach4

Reaction score
How far in is it? I would try cycling pressure.

If you do have to do some access below the floor, replace any 90 degree bends with long sweep versions.

But before digging, there is probably more you can try from above. Maybe add some dish soap to lube it.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Perhaps you need to give up DIY and call a plumber that has the drain cleaning equipment and experience? Just a wild guess out of left field. Course, you could always DIY the job and tear the pipes out. Likely only cost a few grand more than a pro.

sdjerry

Reaction score
How far in is it? I would try cycling pressure.

If you do have to do some access below the floor, replace any 90 degree bends with long sweep versions.

But before digging, there is probably more you can try from above. Maybe add some dish soap to lube it.

Yes, the dish soap is something I noticed some people try when researching this issue online. So that is my next step, and hopefully it works.

ChrisChrisChris

Reaction score
Mine got blown off the hose! But the coupling stayed on the hose! I used s second one to blow out the first but the second one too got blown off the hose. Since it happened twice I am thinking it was operator fault. What did I do wrong? Really don't want to loose 20 bucks every time I clean the pipe.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You're probably have too much pressure behind it. Don't open the hose bib all the way.

ChrisChrisChris

Reaction score
I used the Cobra. Not sure about too much pressure but I will be using less should I need to use it again. It just seemed odd that there could be too much pressure with an outlet in the bladder. Thanks for responding.

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know the Cobra, but Brasscraft is the classic one. I would try that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks