Drain back / bleeder orifice tee and well pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Whereismyhat

Reaction score
I have read a bunch of the posts including the one regarding check valves. - Submersible Pumps and multiple check valves?

I am currently in the process of replacing a submersible well pump from the previous owner that went was installed with PVC as the drop pipe and had a check valve right above the pump in addition to one near the pitless adapter. They installed without a bleeder orifice tee, though multiple install guides I see suggest that one a [bleed orifice] should be installed with check valve near the pitless adapter.

I plan to just go with a single continuous run of poly pipe between submersible pump and pitless adapter, per the previous recommendations in that thread by @Valveman and @Speedbump.

My question though is that as I am forgoing the check valve (sans the one built into the pump), do I need to think about a drain back valve/bleed orifice? Presumably not, as it would normally be located below the check valve, but I wanted to double check.

I do have a bladder tank, so presumably, I wouldn't want one anyways, right?

Attachments

• bleederorifice.PNG
    bleederorifice.PNG
    130 KB · Views: 176
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks