Drain and Fill - One Zone Only

Users who are viewing this thread

Stevemac00

Reaction score
I need to move the 2nd floor manifold supply and return lines (3/4" hePEX) connected to distribution in crawl space.

This manifold is distributed out of a Caleffi Hydrolink 559 as shown with labels in photo. This connects to a Uponor TruFlow manifold as in second photo. This manifold supply radiant heat embedded in ceiling which is the highest point.

You'll notice there's glycol in the system which I'll ignore and re-fill with city water (unsoftened). Eventually I plan to drain and refill all zones and system.

Please help me walk thru these steps:
  1. On TruFlow return mainfold: Attach hose to drain, open valve and vent. This should drain all lines in ceiling.
  2. Attach hose to bib on return of HydroLink and drain. This should drain return line.
  3. Drain supply line but how do I perform this? The pump has a check valve. Do I have to remove line?
  4. Re-fill the zone. Do I refill with the same bib on the Hydrolink?
Please comment on how to drain the supply line and anything on what I've suggested. Thanks.
Boiler Supply-6.1.jpg

TruFlow-Up.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks