Downhill dock water line

Users who are viewing this thread

jgraham

Reaction score
Saw a thread asking the best line to use for a dock service. I am planning on running a water service down my stairs to my dock. From the dock service line thread, schedule 80 PVC under the stairs painted with white white latex seems the way to go. My problem is that I have literally a 100' drop down to the water and dock from my house/water service. That gives 43psi plus whatever the service pressure is for a static pressure. Will schedule 80 pvc handle this? Do i need to put pressure reduction valves along the way? What about some sort of water hammer arrestor? I'm gonna have an ice maker and sink on the dock. Don't think I have to worry much about back flow but I guess one of those will go on too.

thanks!
Jeff G
Tuscaloosa, AL

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Yes Schedule 80 will handle the pressure. You need to use the correct primer and cement.

You may need to worry about freezing tho. You should have a easy way to drain the line.

The pressure may be a bit high for a ice maker, and a PRV would be a good idea. A small tank would not hurt.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks