Double Vanity Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael Christensen

Reaction score
n the attached image, does this plumbing for a new double vanity look correct? Any possible UPC Permit problems?

dblvanity-plumbing.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Not correct. Not correct UPC. Not correct IPC. The two trap arms are not vented..

Is that line from above a vent, or is it carrying drainage from the floor above?

One rework method is to replace the double wye with a double fixture fitting if the vent is good.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thank you for all the info! I replaced the wye with a double fixture. I should have known that, just stupid!

It's why we have the forums, so that we all can learn and the reasons for doing things. The more mistakes I have made the more I have learned.
I come up with an idea, I try it, discard it, next!!
One of my first jobs was in bicycle shops as a mechanic. Once day a customer asked why I wasn't loosening a certain screw on the front derailleur and I could not give him a good answer. I tried it and it was better than what I had been doing. You never know where the lesson will be coming from. It's my idea now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks