Double vanity install with drain in floor

Users who are viewing this thread

cwarner

Reaction score
I have a contractor removing an 8" vanity with single sink from a load bearing wall that faces outside my house. The new 72" vanity {ronbow torino) I ordered has 2 double sinks. they want to put the plumbing thru the floor instead of the wall. They say that is because it is a load bearing wall and they don't want to drill holes in the studs. I have never heard of such a thing. Can anyone help? My vanity has feet on it so you may be able to see plumbing lines underneath, plus I am putting hardwoods in underneath before the vanity goes in.

Does anyone have suggestions how this can be handled with the plumbing going into the wall versus the floor? Is thru the floor up to code? I live in california in the bay area. I would think this comes up in remodel work all the time. Please let me know if you need addl info.

thank you,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks