Double vanity drain fix

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian2147

Reaction score
Years ago a handyman did our bathroom remodel. I checked the tub and toilet and everything vent and drains correctly. Researching some plumbing I realized (10 years later) he did the plumbing in the double vanity is wrong. From San -tee on its back to improper slope, not venting both sinks . The left sink closest to the san-tee drains fine, the right one drains super slow, I believe the pipe doesn’t start really draining until it fills up partially, there is a lot of grudge in pipe as well. I’ve attached some pictures. Any ideas to help fix this with out breaking into the wall just yet.Not planning another remodel for another year or 2 want to do what’s most prudent.

Attachments

• 4172D339-4DFB-4D36-AF80-E89257970DF6.jpeg
    4172D339-4DFB-4D36-AF80-E89257970DF6.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 9FAF2AF5-6133-41EA-836E-8EF15CE61231.jpeg
    9FAF2AF5-6133-41EA-836E-8EF15CE61231.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 6911B580-1C1F-40C0-AEBC-4AE6826FDBC2.jpeg
    6911B580-1C1F-40C0-AEBC-4AE6826FDBC2.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 113

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a plumber. No smells?

Is the right slow sink a vessel sink, or does it have overflow holes? If no overflow, there is something extra to consider on that one.

I would open that cleanout at the fitting that should have been a different fitting, and put a tub under it. I would loosen the translucent nut under the right sink, and pull the trap. Clean between the translucent nut and the tub. Clean or replace the removed trap.

Then when you remodel in a couple years, do it right.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would guess that the slow draining is on the vertical where the stopper in the sink is. Remove the stopper and push some paper down and through to clear it. I use a long stick to push the paper through, with the p-trap off so I can push the muck into a bowl.

Brian2147

Reaction score
I would guess that the slow draining is on the vertical where the stopper in the sink is. Remove the stopper and push some paper down and through to clear it. I use a long stick to push the paper through, with the p-trap off so I can push the muck into a bowl.
It coughed up a huge hair ball! It seams like those stoppers are just a magnet for hair/crud and never properly work. I fixed the slope as well all is good until further Renovation

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks