Double Sink, Double P-trap?

Users who are viewing this thread

perion

Reaction score
I have a double bowl sink with a garbage disposal (first photo). Unfortunately, the p-trap (attached to a center outlet Tee) doesn't quite match up with the tailpipe mount (discharge tube) on the disposal (second photo).

While trying to think of a way to make this fit properly, I came across a setup that used a wye fitting from the waste pipe and 2 p-traps (third photo). Are there any problems with this approach (e.g., code violation or won't work)?

Thanks,

Paul

Under_Kitchen_Sink_Pic_small.jpg
Kitchen_Sink_Disposal_Plumbing_Pic_small.jpg
Double_Sink_and_PTraps_small.jpg

perion

Reaction score
Most places want to see one p-trap. There are a few states that do it with two. California normally uses one.

Thank you for the quick response, I appreciate it!

I'm guessing the area where I live (San Diego) won't allow 2, but I'll double check. Assuming I can't, do you (or anyone else for that matter), have any suggestions on a different approach to make this work?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks