Double 3/4 bath venting double-check

Users who are viewing this thread

Stereo

Reaction score
I am remodeling to create two new back-to-back 3/4 baths (though the same-type fixtures are not back to back). I have been unable to grasp horizontal wet vents so I've changed up my layout to incorporate traditional venting. I know my pipe sizes so I haven't listed those, but I would greatly appreciate a check of my venting layout since I do have some vertical wet vents in my plans that I'm not 100% sure about. Please see the attached drawing.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Plumbing_dry vents.pdf
    136.4 KB · Views: 153

Stereo

Reaction score
plumbing_dry vents.jpg Sorry. The pdf isn’t loading. Here’s an image. CHANGE: Rather than a santee where the horizontal branch enters the waste stack, should I use a wye + 1/8 for easier snaking?

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A good inspector would reject your "left hand" toilet because it is NOT vented due to the right hand one flowing past it, cutting off air flow from the "vent" nearby.

Stereo

Reaction score
So I need a dry vent to come off the WC drain before it connects to the horizontal Waste branch? Just curious though; isn’t it assumed that some air always exists in the upper portion of the drain line since that’s what makes horizontal wet drains possible?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks