Donut or coupling for vertical stack

Users who are viewing this thread

Trout Cook

Reaction score
Hello forum,

This vertical section of cast piping has a long crack. You can see in the attached picture the tee fitting which collects a 2F bathroom and then goes up to vent. For replacing the cracked vertical pipe, is there a better way in using a donut into the hub, or to cut off the cast hub section and use a coupling? So donut or coupling? I think a coupling would be easier to work with.
Yes, I have access to the remaining vertical vent stack and intend to put a riser clamp on it at the floor above.

Trout Cook

Reaction score
Hello forum,

This vertical section of cast piping has a long crack. You can see in the attached picture the tee fitting which collects a 2F bathroom and then goes up to vent. For replacing the cracked vertical pipe, is there a better way in using a donut into the hub, or to cut off the cast hub section and use a coupling? So donut or coupling? I think a coupling would be easier to work with.
Yes, I have access to the remaining vertical vent stack and intend to put a riser clamp on it at the floor above.

-After I posted this and looked at the picture again, I realized the hub is on the vertical I am removing. No donut needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks