Dont touch the chrome

Users who are viewing this thread

Jacobsond

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nielsenelectric.com
Most of you guys doing plumbing may be familiar with the saying Dont touch the chrome trap unless your willing to replace it all. Yep you guessed it I touched the chrome on this slow drain at work. I had to use a hammer chisel and just about anything else I could find to get the chrome trap off. I ended up replacing everything including the strainer and down tube. All I needed to do was run the snake through to clear the drain. Experience told me drain cleaner would not work in this Dorm bathroom. Only 2 more slow drains to go in this bathroom. Thankfully they already have pvc traps should go better.

Attachments

• 59_1555358884754.jpeg
    59_1555358884754.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 157

ImOld

Octogenerian
Reaction score
I can't even come up with a number for all the chrome P traps I've seen hanging on by a wisp of metal. Breath too hard on it and it's a cloud of flakes. Those pesky drain cleaners don't care what they remove.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks