Does Toto Tornado Flush splash? Best solids removal?

Users who are viewing this thread

NonPlume

Reaction score
Hi.. I am new to the forum. I am remodeling several bathrooms and looking into Drake models.
or open to recommendations for consistent solids/paper removal.

I like the idea of a cleaner rim, but ..
1) Some family members use multiple flushes while sitting on the seat. Does the tonado flush splash the butt?
2) Heavy paper users and I prefer a 1.6 gpf toilet. Is it better to get a Gmax for the wider flush valve?

Which toilet is under $500 ish and has no splash and consistent high solid removal?

Thanks..

Reach4

Reaction score
You will probably have trouble finding G-MAX in stock. G-MAX means 1.6 gpf. I have a G-MAX Vespin II, which has the two big holes near the rim, and I don't think it splashes during a courtesy flush. Mine has a flapper rather than a flush tower. It does a nice job of clearing the bowl of solids.

See https://terrylove.com/forums/index....hold-the-flush-lever.56174/page-2#post-572235
#36 and #34.

So if the towers are the same today, a 1.28 gpm flush could be adjusted for more, and in any case, you can hold the lever down to extend a flush. 1.28 gpf is called E-max or Ecoflush according to my notes.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The new Drake 2021, CST776 series works very well.
They have a good bowl finish, good rinse, and a very good flush. No splashing with these bowls.

cst776cefg-terrylove-04.jpg

index.php

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks