Does this sound like the toilet is leaking?

Users who are viewing this thread

tk24

Reaction score
Hello, I recently installed a Toto Drake CST776CSG. I used the Korky No Wax Seal, and since the flange was below the floor more than 3/8", I doubled up and used 2 of the no wax seals.

Here is audio of the flush, more towards the end when the tank quits filling up, there is a small trickle. Is that just water going down into the pipe below the flange? (may have to turn computer up a lot to hear it) http://sndup.net/gyyy

I don't see any water (haven't caulked yet), but then again, the flange is below the floor so I might not see it anyway.

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
no audio it says deleted? I dont thionk its a leak you hear . no opinion on whether you did a proper installation only that a listen test means little or nothing ! good Luck its probebly ok!

Peterson

Reaction score
That's just probably excess water from the bowl filling up that is running down the drain. My toilet does the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks