does this look correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

iamnobanker

Reaction score
Hi, I came cross this forum probably 5 years ago when I first thinking of making the Master walk-in closet into master bathroom. Anyway that didn't happen until my neighbor completed bathroom remodel. Because of the house has the same layout, I wanted to use the same contractor who complete the same job. want to check with you to see if job is "well" done. So far my neighbor has no problem and they are happen to show us the plumbing :)

The bathroom on the 2nd floor is next to the master walk-in closet. Right under those two room is the laundry rm. The Stack is next to the original toilet. The walking closet is just over 5 ft away from the center of the original toilet. yes the house's plumbing is copper, which make things more expensive.

Do you see the turn the toilet had to do below? is the copper to PVC connection okay? my neighbor so far have no leak, but it only been 4 months.

20130307_170956.jpg

Here is the connection to the new master bath. not sure if the photo show but there is a slop.
20130307_171020.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I am not sure what the lower picture is supposed to show, but I would NEVER have installed the toilet the way the top picture shows it. If that is a copper male threaded adapter into a female PVC adapter, one of these days you will be replacing it when the PVC fitting fractures. A "bad" plumbing installation does NOT have to leak to be bad.

Last edited:

iamnobanker

Reaction score
Hi Hj,

the lower photo is from the "new" bathroom (toilet I think).

it's my neighbor's contractor who did the copper male to female PVC adapter. and he said the part was very expensive. What would be the your way of doing this? I guess I can use the same contractor but ask him to do another way.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The male copper adapter is expensive, but so is the "fitting cleanout adapter" he screwed on to it. There could be other problems, (such as no vent on the original toilet), with the way he did it, but would have to be there to determine HOW I would have done it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks