Does this cast iron look okay to use for two floors of home plumbing?

Users who are viewing this thread

chimmer

Reaction score
Further to my previous thread (https://terrylove.com/forums/index....licate-with-4-abs-fittings.59141/#post-438150), I have replaced the cast iron section before the line leaves the stone foundation with 4"ABS.

I am wondering if the remaining cast iron section looks okay to continue using? Right now this section is being used for one 4pc bathroom on the second floor, but I would like to tie in the main floor plumbing (d/w, kitchen sink, one 3pc bathroom, one old washing machine) on the new ABS vertical.

It seems that the cast iron transitions to ABS after it runs through the stone foundation (guessing foundation is 24" thick) to the sewer line.

Here are some photos down the remaining cast iron piece before I attached the new ABS section. ( Iw ill post my question about the 4x4x3 santee in a new thread).

Thanks
viewdownthpipe.jpg
viewfromoutside.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Looks good to me. I watched your video, but I could not understand what I was seeing.

chimmer

Reaction score
I didn't post a video is it possible you meant to reply to a different thread?

Reach4

Reaction score
I didn't post a video is it possible you meant to reply to a different thread?
I intended to reply to your thread. However I did not follow your link to confirm that your old link was the recent thread where somebody was worried about cast iron and was mixing cast iron with ABS. There are not a lot of such threads, so I took an erroneous leap.

My comments are not related to your old thread which I am not going to look at. So I will just repeat "Looks good to me."

chimmer

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. It's a strange coincidence I guess that someone else had a similar question posted around the same time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks