Does pure lye / sodium hydroxide work as well as Thrift?

Users who are viewing this thread

tracyballard

Reaction score
Just curious if the lye products at walmart that are 100% lye would work as well as the Thrift that I get at the plumbing supply store, or is there another ingredient in thrift that makes it work so good? that plumbing store is only open 8-5 M-F and it's kind of expensive. No place else sells Thrift here.

Jecadeve

Reaction score
Just curious if the lye products at walmart that are 100% lye would work as well as the Thrift that I get at the plumbing supply store, or is there another ingredient in thrift that makes it work so good? that plumbing store is only open 8-5 M-F and it's kind of expensive. No place else sells Thrift here.
Thrift is 100% Sodium hydroxide so they are exactly the same chemically and should perform the same. I pulled the MSDS on Thrift to be sure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks