Does Pull-down Kitchen Faucet with a metal aerator exist?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by mrgibson, Mar 24, 2020.

1. mrgibson

mrgibson New Member

Does anyone know if a Pull-down Kitchen Faucet with an aerator with all metal parts exists? My Google search skills cannot winnow out this nuance if it exists.

The plastic aerators on kitchen and bathroom faucets in our home build up a nasty biofilm on the plastic aerators. Every once in awhile we scrub them and now at about the 10 year mark the plastic aerator screens break and crumble (Moen and Price Pfister).

2. RSNovi

RSNovi New Member

I found this task nearly impossible when I looked. Even high end brands were plastic. We did find the Pfister Briarsfield which is all metal and have been happy with the faucet. We have had it about 1.5 years.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Biofilm? Have you considered sanitizing your well and plumbing?