Does flexible pipe conform to code?

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve24

Reaction score
Went to my mother's house that just had new kitchen countertops and sink installed and found this under the kitchen sink. Contractor says there is no problem with it. I appreciate any feedback.
IMG_20191028_091136.jpg
IMG_20191028_091123.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Last edited:

Steve24

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses guys. Reached out to the people who had the work done and the response was
"Per my contractor
I put that in myself. Ive done it many times on homes that sold with no issue.
With the new sink and granite, the garage disposal is lower.
No way to fix unless you get a plumber to cut pipe in wall and lower the drain."

Looks like I'll be taking care of it myself.
Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
No way to fix unless you get a plumber to cut pipe in wall and lower the drain."
Photos can be deceiving. The photo looks like the trap adapter at the wall is at lower than the exit from the disposal. In that case, DIY should do nicely.

A laser level is handy for planning. Taking pictures where the laser level line shows can be tricky. You need for the flash to not overwhelm the line. But by eye, handy tool,

Check for a "disposal install kit " or "disposer install kit " to get a bunch of parts, including a straight "discharge tube" that you can use instead of your curved one, or buy separate pieces. If the trap U part is reversible, that can help with altitude problems.
white-everbilt-drain-repair-installation-kits-c9104-76_145.jpg

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score

Steve24

Reaction score
Finally got to work on the kitchen sink. Local Lowe's was out of stock on the reversible p trap so I decided to just do it all with schedule 40. Many thanks to everyone who responded. You all were a great help.
IMG_20191115_171104.jpg
IMG_20191115_171038.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks good. The weir / outfall of the trap is lower than the discharge of the disposer.

Reach4

Reaction score
Looks good. The weir / outfall of the trap is lower than the discharge of the disposer.
It does. Great improvement. I wonder how easily this could be disassembled, however. I was surprised that Steve24 went to a glued trap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks