Does anyone make a 30 gallon stainless steel electric lowboy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert S

Reaction score
I recently purchased an apartment in South Florida and currently there is an ancient 30 gallon electric Rheem lowboy located in the utility closet. By ancient it was made in 2002 so I know it is time to replace it.

I need another 30 gallon electric lowboy and would really love to find a stainless steel model like you can find in some of the better full size tanks from companies like Westinghouse. The old tank is connected to a double pole 30 amp breaker and I would need something that is compatible with that size breaker.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score

Robert S

Reaction score
Almost all electric WH over say 10-gallons are generally 240vac, so a 2-pole breaker is typical. But, what you need to look at is the amperage of that breaker. Rheem makes one with a plastic tank with a very long warranty in 30g, but it may be taller than you want. Depends on what's above the one you have...reconfiguring things may not be a major effort. https://s3.amazonaws.com/WebPartners/ProductDocuments/DC9CC61F-5955-4D55-9F2A-6CA3130B19BB.pdf

Thanks for the quick reply, I already looked at the Marathon 30 gallon tanks and they only make tall models. As mentioned in my opening post I need a lowboy about 30 inches high. Also I am not worried whether a 30 gallon tanks going to be suitable for my dual pole 30 amp breaker, the issue is finding one made of stainless steel or a non metallic tank like the Marathon series.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks