Does an AIO tank lose its air pocket during depressurization for maintenance

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
I needed to add some peroxide to the system. I use an empty ge whole house housing. To open it I need to depressurize the system. Made me wonder if I just lost my air pocket in my KL tank. I BW nightly so prob not a big deal but was wondering about that.

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question, but I would think you would loose a large part of your air pocket.

If you put the AIO system into bypass before depressurizing the filter, and re-pressurized the water before coming out of bypass, I would think the air pocket would stay intact.

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question, but I would think you would loose a large part of your air pocket.

If you put the AIO system into bypass before depressurizing the filter, and re-pressurized the water before coming out of bypass, I would think the air pocket would stay intact.
Wow. I feel really dumb after that.. I should have thought of that!! :)

Water Pro

In the Trades
Reaction score
I needed to add some peroxide to the system. I use an empty ge whole house housing. To open it I need to depressurize the system. Made me wonder if I just lost my air pocket in my KL tank. I BW nightly so prob not a big deal but was wondering about that.
yes. the air is the first thing to come out during backwash. if that's what you're asking

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
AIO systems are supposed to have a check valve on the inlet of the system. We manufacture ours with check valves that are basically hidden.
Yeah I actually used a drain hose from a port mounted right after exit on the tank for taking samples. So that released all the pressure/Air in my tank and
Next time I will throw the bypass on the KL and Carbon tanks so I don't loose my air.. I know the Carbon tank is will aerate on its own but doing it cant hurt.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks