Does a home hot water heater/tank that is connected to a town water system with a tower water...

Users who are viewing this thread

yeto

Reaction score
Does a home hot water heater/tank that is connected to a town water system with a tower water tank have to work harder in the winter time versus a home system that is connected to a well because in the winter the water coming into the house from the town water system will be colder versus water coming into the house from a well?

Since I have connected to the town water system my hot water does not seem to recover as quickly.

Thank you,
yeto

Mliu

Reaction score
Of course, if the water supply is at a lower temperature, the water heater will have to put more energy (kW or BTUs) into the water to bring it up to the set temperature. That is basic thermodynamics. Temperature is simply our way of measuring the energy content of a given mass of matter (in this case, water).

The question is, what is the temperature difference between your well water and the municipal water? Once you know that, you can calculate how much additional energy the water heater will have to supply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks