Do the new remote read water meters have a leak tell tale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Edwardh1

Reaction score
Do the new" remote read" water meters have a leak tell tale? I cant find mine, when you rotate and lift the black thing there is no meter face

Attachments

• IMG_3011.jpg
    IMG_3011.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_3010.jpg
    IMG_3010.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:

Mrbeing123

Reaction score
My water meter looks kinda similar. On mine, if you lift the little hinged cover, you see a digital display. You have to shine a light onto it to activate it though if it's not sunny outside. My water meter sweats in the ground and at first glance, may appear to be leaking. I couldn't imagine it could cause a puddle like in your picture with just sweating tho. The dirt at the bottom of my meter box may be damp at times, but nowhere remotely like that. I'd bet there's a leak somewhere. If not on the meter, a fitting before or after it.

Edwardh1

Reaction score
does the rario water meter original topic post) have a tell tale?

Do the new" remote read" water meters have a leak tell tale? I cant find mine, when you rotate and lift the black thing there is no meter face

how do you open it to look at the dial?

Edwardh1

Reaction score
thanks, problem I had was openning it (did not want to break it)this meter has a digital display, if there is a leak a faucet dripping water appears on the screen, every so ofter, the display will change and show the Rate of water flow, which of course should be zero when faucets are off. thanks to all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks