Do the new HET 1.28G toilets even work? A.S Cadet3 in particular!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Frustrated_flusher

Reaction score
Hey there experts, I have been shopping around for toilets and due to the limited availability of various models of toilets, I am pretty much stuck with either buying the Kohler Highline 1.6 EL or the 1.28 HET ADA American Standard Cadet3 toilet. My biggets concern is that will the HET toilet clean the waste? I am currently using the Sterling Plumbing's Riverton model with 1.28G flush. Let me tell you that this toilet is not at all made for cleaning solids. I have to flush twice to clean the bowl. Its really good on saving water and should only be used in powder rooms where people only go for no1.

I want to buy the Cadet3 HET ADA 1.28G from A.S but I am skeptical if its going to be any better that what I have. Simply because of the same amount of water usage, how much more better can any other toilet be when it uses the same amount of water? Please let me know because if i cannot buy Cadet3 then I will have to settle for the Kohler highline 1.6G EL.

Please HELP!!!!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
All low flush toilets are not created equal. The difference is in the design. You can buy cheap builder grade toilets at any Big Box Store, and they will claim to be wonderful, but they will not perform well. Plumbers like Terry Love keep quite busy replacing these junkers. AS has quality issues, and Kohler's today are not the high quality products your parents may have had. They are poorly designed, parts often are either available from the factory at a very high price, or in some cases, not even available anymore. You can get a Toto Drake for a very reasonable price and they can be found in Chicago. Any plumbing shop can get them even if they don't stock them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks