Do I really need this circuit vent if the sink is 4' away from the shower's vent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mini Me

Reaction score
Here is the layout and I am questioning the need to have the purple segment
the green blue selected segment is already in place, the green segment between the shower vent and the sink is what I am building (still dry fitting the pieces but I did not drill the holes for the studs to the left of the vertical green segment
As mentioned the distance between the two green verticals is 4'
this is all 1.5" ABS pipe

I am also considering an air admittance valve

Last edited:

Mini Me

Reaction score
As you can see in this picture the studs that are in the middle of the hrizontal purple segment are going to support a glass panel for the shower
I would like to have those studs as solid as possible so if I could I would avoid that pink vent segment
qJhWYRW.png

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That TEE in the upper horizontal section implies it is a drain line, in which case you DO need the purple section, BUT, you CANNOT connect it back to that vertical pipe.

Mini Me

Reaction score
that T that is behind the glass panel in the last picture is there to connect a drain for a furnace condense pump which is pumping very little like 5ml once in a while (small house) so it is practically more like a dry vent and that end of that green pipe that is behind the glass pannel (right side) goes up to a vertical dry vent
full picture of the project posted a while ago in my previous threads
DEoe2.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks