Do I need to pressure test my drains/vents?

Users who are viewing this thread

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
We very rarely test dwv systems. At most we just dump some water and look for drips. I like to do this as it's going to tell you of there's a leak and there's not much effort involved.

Don't test with air. At most a vacuum test would be ok.
We are doing a 40 apt complex. No testing on the dwv system.

hhcibtpaun

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I will see if I can get the duck butter or elephant jizz; otherwise I will just use the liquid soap.

Mike

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I will see if I can get the duck butter or elephant jizz; otherwise I will just use the liquid soap.

Mike
If you could find some lithium grease that would work. Don't use a petroleum product as lube on gaskets. A lot of soaps are petroleum based.

hhcibtpaun

Reaction score
If you could find some lithium grease that would work. Don't use a petroleum product as lube on gaskets. A lot of soaps are petroleum based.

I think I have some plumber grease somewhere...I think that is what I used to assemble it originally....

Thanks...Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks