Do I need an air vent for this configuration

Users who are viewing this thread

BobbytheBus

Reaction score
I'm connecting the water softener Drain line to the washing machine drain line. The washing machine is up a floor and the part of the pipe I'm adding the tee to is in the basement. I'm going to add a ptrap after the tee and then have the pipe go up 18 inches before putting the airgap on it. My question is do I also need to vent beteeen the ptrap and pipe(washing machine drain line) I'm adding the tee to? The washing machine drain line runs into the horizontal main waste line a foot below the tee I'm adding if that makes any difference.

The washing machine drain line goes down to basement. Then runs across the ceiling about 10 feet and then down the wall 3 feet. Where it's running down the wall is where I'm adding the tee to drain the softener into.

The picture shows a clean out tee. I'll be using a different tee.

Attachments

• PXL_20210209_184338722.jpg
    PXL_20210209_184338722.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 109
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks