Do I need a spare pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
just wondering if I should casually look for a replacement pump at a good price and store it somewhere nice. It seems like it would be better than having my pump go bad on a holiday weekend and then what?

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I have no idea what type of "pump" your asking about but normally I like redundancy such as a sewer ejector with lead and lag capabilities

Even sump pumps I try use use battery types as a backup just in case of a storm and the electricity is out at lead the sump will prevent flooding

Wayne WSS30V Upgraded Combination 1/2 HP and 12-Volt Battery Back Up System

Greenmonster123

Reaction score
I have an spare pump in the shed that I took off a job that upgraded. My wifey would not be happy if the water went out on a weekend and we had to wait until Monday to buy a new one.

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
I have an spare pump in the shed that I took off a job that upgraded. My wifey would not be happy if the water went out on a weekend and we had to wait until Monday to buy a new one.

That’s kinda what I am thinking. I’m gonna start looking for a good used one at a good price. Anyone on here have a good shallow well pump they want to give me at a good price on? Right now I’m running a Gould’s J5SH. It’s a 1/2 HP.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks