Do have to have the special tools for 2510 rebuild?

Users who are viewing this thread

adayrider

Reaction score
Do you have to have the spacer and o ring stuffer for fleck 2510. I m willing to take it off (needs new resin any how) and work it on the bench and have every other kind of tool. $85 for tool plus parts is close to new valve price. So if I have to buy tool, I might as well buy the valve. If I have to buy valve and resin I might as well buy a whole new systen.

Reach4

Reaction score

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score

adayrider

Reaction score
Great links; also note that watersoftenerparts will rent the tool for 30 days for 1/2 the purchase price. If adayrider thinks it might take him longer than 30 days to do the job, I'll buy the tool from him for the same half-price when he's done.

Do you mean softnerparts.com ?? for tool rental? I did not know you could rent one.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I learned how to rebuild the 1500, 2500 and the 2750 with out the puller or stuffer ! now granted it was with or with out the valve still on the tank.
It is easier with the 2500, 2510, or 2750 off the tank adapter but it can be done, it really depends on the skill level of the person doing the job, some should never do some tasks.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I have a dozen of these tools, if anyone ever needs one they are welcome to borrow mine, just please return them undamaged. Send me a PM, I will be glad to UPS them , just UPS them back with a few bucks to cover my shipping cost.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
USPS Prioriy Mail is probably cheaper and certainly faster. Thanks for the offer, I'll probably be in the market for one shortly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks