Do filters have injectors

Users who are viewing this thread

jjamison

Reaction score
For example, would a fleck 7000 carbon filter or calcite filter, backwash only, no drawing of anything, have an injector? I know they make the dummy injectors. So do filters have two dummy injectors or nothing or if they have an injector what does it do? Thank you!

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The injector port is usually plugged, If the system has an injector instead of a plug, nothing will happen as the brine valve port would also be plugged.

jjamison

Reaction score
as always, thank you DH!
Regarding backup parts for these filter valves I guess my real question is:
what parts should i have on hand?
so even if the filter doesn't use the injector or brine valve, i should have replacement o rings
i'm guessing my answer is that even though a filter valve might not use the injector or brine valve, it might be equipped with one or both in which case having replacement o rings on hand would make sense
i'll just need to pull the injector caps on my two filters and see what's there

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks