Do all neo-angle showers have the same relative dimensions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I'm building up a shower pan for a mudded in tile shower in my own house, but I don't want to purchase doors/glass until I get the rest of the area done, mainly because my wife wants to see what everything looks like before she'll be happy with the choice. Do all neo-angle showers of a nominal size (say 36x36) have the same door/side dimensions, or am I going to have to choose a glass set and build the curbs to that?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most Neo-Angle shower pans are 38" x 38"
I like to set the shower valve and shower head at 14-1/2" from the corner much like you would for a tub.
If you center the valve to the inside curb of the 38", you wind up hitting the angled glass with your butt while showering. You want to be able to stand in the long section of the shower away from the angle.
Most glass doors get purchased after the shower is in place and can be measured.

index.php

Not my install.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Most Neo-Angle shower pans are 38" x 38"
I like to set the shower valve and shower head at 14-1/2" from the corner much like you would for a tub.
If you center the valve to the inside curb of the 38", you wind up hitting the angled glass with your butt while showering. You want to be able to stand in the long section of the shower away from the angle.
Most glass doors get purchased after the shower is in place and can be measured.

Thanks for the comment on the shower valve. Do you follow the same practice for a square/rectangular corner shower?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks for the comment on the shower valve. Do you follow the same practice for a square/rectangular corner shower?

A square or rectangle I center the valve between the curbs.
The trouble with the neo-angle showers, is that if you drop the soap, and you bend over to get it, you bottom side pops the door open. There is very little room on the door side.

aaa13714.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When you design the shower, keep in mind the minimum opening required! I'd have to look it up again, but I think (DO NOT QUOTE ME!) that the opening must be at least 22", and more is better. How the door is attached and hinged can take up some of what you think might be good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks