Do all bidet seats reduce seat space?

Users who are viewing this thread

deanbrew

Reaction score
I just spent a week in a vacation house that had a Toto Washlet bidet toilet seat, and I loved it. I'm seriously thinking about buying a bidet seat for our home toilet. But I didn't like how the bidet unit reduced the amount of seat area. It effectively pushed one forward, closer to the front of the toilet. Without getting graphic, I was a bit cramped, and uncomfortably close to the front edge of the bowl. This was on an elongated toilet, like I have at home, so I can't imagine how cramped one would be on a round bowl toilet.

Do all bidet seats reduce the available seat area, reducing the hole, so to speak? I can't seem to find dimensions on the manufacturer websites. They show overall dimensions, but not the actual seat dimensions.

Thanks, and I'll likely have other bidet seat questions as I look for what I want to buy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks