DIY shower doors

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
doors

There is not enough room here to list all the manufacaturers. Go to any specialty plumbing showroom and you will see many doors, and a bathroom accessory store will have a lot more of them. In fact, Sterling is one I have not heard of in this area.

rmorita

Reaction score
Showrooms here are pretty lousy. I was hoping that I could research things before hitting Home Depot. I was going to see what brands they can do a special order. The stock stuff isn't so great.

I heard of Kohler, Sterling and Basco so far. I didn't care for the American Standard line.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think your best bet is to go to several large plumbing and/or bathroom supply houses where they will have more brands and choices than a Big Box store can offer. Find the ones where professionals do business.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
As far as the home stores go, they have certain brands they stock, and there will be some regional variation. In So. Cal. HD stocks Contractors Wardrobe and Keystone. They can special order Sterling and Lasco. The custom furnish-and-install contractor is Century Shower Doors.

Each of these brands has basic models and upscale models with better frames, heavier glass, etc. The best door will usually be a custom door; prices installed probably start around $400 installed. The price goes up A LOT if you want a fancier color or fancier glass.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks