DIY PEX Bathroom. How'd I do? Seeking Advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Zerocool749

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently used PEX to run my hot and cold supply to my basement bathroom. I'd love to get your advice and tips on where I did well and where I made some mistakes. :) Help, before I close this up with drywall and Kerdiboard! Just a few things to know:

1. For every connection I made sure to use the go no-go tool.
2. I did a 15 minute pressure test and it held good. No leaks.
3. I have shutoff valves for this 3-piece bathroom, so I can turn it off independently from other bathroom.
4. I transitioned from 3/4" to 1/2" PEX at a T when I broke off to supply the shower and toilet / sink.
5. My shower mixer is at 45" high and my shower head is at 75" high. Toilet supply is 7" off finished floor and 6" left of toilet center. Hot and cold for sink are 4" from the sink drain and 21" off finished floor

Here's where I branched off the 3/4" supply to my upstairs bathroom,

1657888632636.png

Here is where I came down the joists for the shower,

1657888695799.png

Here is the shower supply,

1657888710440.png

Here is where I supply the toilet and sink,

1657888752985.png

1657888765212.png

1657888773399.png

Any advice is appreciated! I'd love to get a "Looks good!" before I close this up with drywall.

Cheers,

Brett

Last edited:

Zerocool749

Reaction score
Yep! That's the plan. Install an AAV accessible in the sink cabinet. I'll pick out a sink that will give enough room to fit an AAV.

Thanks Terry for taking the time to look at this, appreciate it!

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
If you want to make things hard on yourself, choose a sink cabinet that has drawers that will interfere with the drain line and trap.

If you want to make things even harder , consider a pedestal sink.

Just to make sure there was no misunderstanding, I was doing some sarcasm.

Zerocool749

Reaction score
Haha, yeah, exactly, I'm trying to avoid those sinks with drawers. Looks great in the picture, which coincidently doesn't show the drainline and trap hooked up.

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
If you want to make things hard on yourself, choose a sink cabinet that has drawers that will interfere with the drain line and trap.

If you want to make things even harder , consider a pedestal sink.

Just to make sure there was no misunderstanding, I was doing some sarcasm.

I sometimes wonder if my wife picks products thinking we get points for high degree of difficulty.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks