DIY advice for Infinity drain install and venting

Users who are viewing this thread

Dan Park

Reaction score
To clarify, like in terms of the wye's configuration, but not in terms of what is upstream of the wye's branch. For a proper dry vent, the wye's branch needs to continue to under the wall, where it hits a 60 degree elbow to turn straight up.

Cheers, Wayne
So after running around several big box stores and plumbing supply houses, here's my mockup on the right. The left shows the WC and the mainline connection.

It looks like I need to dig down several inches more for the shower drain to make the mainline connection. I also need to extend my dry vent arm to go under that bottom plate where I'll drill a hole and go up and make the connection to my existing dry vent line from the lav.

What do you think?

20220204_092320.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks good.

I think you got a 45 and a 22.5 rather than a 60? That will result in rolling your wye less than 45 degrees, which is not optimal but should work, and will rise a bit slower making it easier to get the vent under the wall before it rises out of the slab. If you want to roll the wye a full 45 degrees, by trial and error you can get a net 60 degrees out of a 45 and a 22.5 by playing with the two joints (the one to the rising vent, and the one between the elbows).

Likewise, you have your trap in a flat P configuration. You can rotate the u-bend around your (not yet installed) drain riser, and rotate the elbow/u-bend joint, to get your shower drain to start closer/farther from the wall as required.

Cheers, Wayne

Dan Park

Reaction score
Looks good.

I think you got a 45 and a 22.5 rather than a 60? That will result in rolling your wye less than 45 degrees, which is not optimal but should work, and will rise a bit slower making it easier to get the vent under the wall before it rises out of the slab. If you want to roll the wye a full 45 degrees, by trial and error you can get a net 60 degrees out of a 45 and a 22.5 by playing with the two joints (the one to the rising vent, and the one between the elbows).

Likewise, you have your trap in a flat P configuration. You can rotate the u-bend around your (not yet installed) drain riser, and rotate the elbow/u-bend joint, to get your shower drain to start closer/farther from the wall as required.

Cheers, Wayne
Thanks Wayne, I will definitely be playing around with all the angles!

I've just spent a few hours digging through this hard clay soil and jackhammering out part of the footing for the shower's dry vent. Ugh!!!

I should have some better pics tomorrow with the final install

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks