Diverting downspout water away from house in cold climate using buried extenders

Users who are viewing this thread

BobT3354

Reaction score
I'm here in SE Wisconsin where some years apparently our frost line can get down to as much as 4 feet deep. The former owners of the home I just bought had regular 4" corrugated plastic buried just under ground level to help carry the water away, but after doing some reading and thinking, I found Flex Drain, which sells a plastic, flexible pipe in both the styles of solid pipe (to carry it for the first 10 feet or more away from the house without getting into the ground) and then with the drainage holes in the pipe for the stretch once it gets farther away.

My question is, wouldn't this just freeze up in the winter? Especially a concern in March, when the ground is usually still frozen but we start getting rain at times and lots of melting snow, runoff, etc

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks