Diverted stem, possibly Andre Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

RockyD

Reaction score
My Roman tub diverter valve seeps to the shower head when it’s turned off. I replaced the stem with a Newport brass 90110 which was a match from the current stem, still seeps at the same rate… We haven’t lived here long, so not a 100% sure that it hasn’t always done that. I am thinking that this has always been the wrong stem as if you put pressure on the diverter handle it does slow it down. I have also tried adding spacers under the packing nut, which were there prior to the new stem, but no luck. The spacers are like thin washers. I can see that the hot and cold rough in specifies Andre collections but can‘t verify the diverter is the same, I would assume so. I have searched and searched all over the internet with no luck.
Thanks in advance for any help!!!

RockyD

Reaction score
Can you post some photos of what you are working with? Their are diffent Andre collections and Andre faucets.
37159CAC-889F-4C5C-83C7-432591EF79E5.jpeg
C85D61E0-D93E-410E-BCC5-195D7120AF6D.jpeg

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The diverter you show is used by Newport Brass and others. It is made by "American Faucet and Coatings" the parent company of Sigma Faucet. Their part # for this diverter is 18.30.113. That diverter was designed to use a tension washer you don't show and would explain why pushing downward helps the water divert. You can try to get this from either of these companies or
through a distributor.
18.30.113.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks