Dishwasher

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin1783443

Reaction score
Iv bought a free standing dishwasher, but its not going to be near the sink.. im going to run a cold pipe along to it under the kickers of the units..

The issue is the waste from the dishwasher, is it okay to buy an extension of 3 metres which is roughly how far it is away from the kitchen sink, run it under the kickers also and put it up the back of the unit and come through the back or

Will i corea hole through each unit at high level and run it down the way to the kitchen sink?

Will it still drain if i run it along the floor?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I thought I replied to this earlier.

But.. how do you plan on making the connection to the sink where the DW hose gets its water from and typically drains from? They only reach so far and I'm not sure they're extendable... Unless you can detach them from the unit themselves to extend. That is the only way I can think of doing it.

I was hired to permanately install a portable once.. ended up being way more expensive than just buying a built in.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Some dishwasher drain lines are looped high near the top of the unit behind the machine and it continues to exit at the bottom This high loop is to reduce the chance of wastewater backing up into the machine with clean dishes. Some do not and for installation the drain hose must have the high loop. Some areas require an air gap drain that will prevent backups.

Here are three different set ups that you must adhere to at least one of them.

dishwasher-hookup-3-ways.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks