Dishwasher Island without a sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

reddog

Reaction score
I guess I didn't post this properly the first time so didn't get the answer I needed.

I am installing a kitchen island without a sink and need some guidance as to how to hook up the drain. Electric is no issue

I was going to use 2" PVC, install a trap and air gap at the top just under the counter top. I was then going to run the dishwasher drain hose into a fitting coming off of the trap. The trap would be install about 18" off of the finished floor line.

Is this correct? Can someone show me a drawing / diagram of the best way to do that?

Thanks
Reddog

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
index.php

This is an island vent for either a sink or dishwasher.
The p-trap hasn't been added to the drawing yet.

Last edited:

reddog

Reaction score
Island Dishwasher drain

Thanks Terry:

Am i correct that I then attach a closed fitting to the trap and hose clamp the dishwasher drain to that?

Also, do I need to loop the hose high across the upper back of the cabinet or is straight in all right?

Reddog

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Am i correct that I then attach a closed fitting to the trap and hose clamp the dishwasher drain to that?

You can connect the dishwasher hose to the p-trap using a hose clamp and insert fitting.

Also, do I need to loop the hose high across the upper back of the cabinet or is straight in all right?

Some areas let you high loop, and some require an air gap.
It depends on your local plumbing code.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks