Dishwasher incompletely draining

Users who are viewing this thread

Chip23

Reaction score
I have an issue with an asko dishwasher regarding incomplete drainage. Upon cycle completion, the dishes are clean but 500-1000cc of water is in the unit. By holding down the STOP/START button for 3 seconds, the machine drains so there is less than 50-100cc water in machine. I have removed and ensured the 3 layer filter is clear of any debris. I inspected the drain inlet from within the cabinet. In the lower access area, I open the drainage pump and saw no debris. The impellor or the drainage motor has 2 propellors that seem damage free. The "S" shaped outlet hose from cabinet bottom to drainage pump feels normal and I am able to pass wire thru easily. I observed the drainage motor spinning during a cycle.Seemingly, water passes freely from appliance intogrey tubing, I do not see any one-way plastic check valves on gray drainage hose. It goes behind cabinet and comes to under sink area, connects to second grey corrugated tube then to air gap and then garbage disposal. Grey tubing seems ok. Tried cleaning air gap. Hose and garbage disposal inlet without obvious large occlusion

Bannerman

Reaction score
Many dishwashers are designed for a small amount of water to remain within the bottom sump. That water will often provide some lubrication for the pump at the start of the following wash cycle. Since there are usually multiple rinse cycles, the remaining water will be from the final rinse cycle so it should be relatively clean.

Because the DW drain pump can not pump air to push water, water flow to drain will stop once no water remains in the pump. Once the water exits the pump, that last amount will be within the drain hose leading to the air gap device which will be located on the counter well above the dishwasher pump. The water between the DW pump to the air gap, can not flow to drain by gravity but will be trapped within the upward drain hose. As there is no check-valve after the pump, the water in the drain hose will flow back into the dishwasher once the pump shuts-off.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks