Dishwasher high loop

Users who are viewing this thread

Ianmck

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked before. I require a high loop in my dishwasher drain hose, of course (local code does not require an air gap device, nor do I want one). The dishwasher came with a high loop in the drain hose already, clipped to the outside of the dishwasher, but it is not high enough. I was considering attaching an extension to the drain hose to put in a second, higher loop, but am concerned that two loops in series might be a problem. I'm thinking, why not unclip the hose from the supplied high loop and run my own high loop at the height I require?

The dishwasher cautions not to remove the supplied high loop, but this should be ok if I am replacing it with an even higher loop. I suspect the supplied loop is to provide back-pressure on the backflow valve, so replacing it with an even higher loop should be okay...?

Thoughts?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Removing the line from the clip on the DW is likely to let the line droop. It sounds like they want that there to ensure there is a known backpressure on the internal checkvalve (you will get 0.43#/foot height). You can run the line from there, but you don't really want it to droop down anywhere, as the line won't pump clean. Maybe a diagram or picture of what you want to do would make things clearer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks