Dishwasher drain hose too long

Users who are viewing this thread

diytogo

Reaction score
Long time reader and first time poster! I am in the middle of a remodel of my kitchen. My wife has picked a design where the dishwasher is not next to the sink. When I measured, it will be 12 feet away from sink drain, and that includes the high loop. I have a Bosch dishwasher and they allow in the manual, with hose and extension 168 inches (14ft). That leaves 2 feet difference.

Here are my thoughts;
1) Can I have two high loops, one behind the dishwasher and another under sink?
2) Can I take the hose from dishwasher to below (basement) and run along joist and then back up, that would take up the extra 2 feet? This means a drop down of about 6 to 8 inches,each end and then back up.
3) Can I double loop under sink?
4) Should I wrap extra behind dishwasher?

Once again, this is a 12 foot run, and 14 feet of hose, thanks for replies, Peter

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
It's a pumped drain, you can put a full circle loops in it if there is not a good way to just shorten the hose. As long the hose is not kinked it will work fine.

bosch-drain-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

diytogo

Reaction score
I appreciate your reply. My first choice would have been to go to the floor below and run along the joist and then back up. Is that still a doable option?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks