dishwasher air gap

Users who are viewing this thread

BenRiegel

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm wanting to install a dishwasher in my kitchen, which currently does not have one. I am required by code to install a dishwasher air gap, which has an 7/8" od connection. I need to connect a hose to drain line. My pipes are ABS with a 1/2in dishwasher y (https://pexhouse.com/product/1-1-2-x-1-1-2-x-1-2-abs-dishwasher-y/). Do I need a new drain line assembly or is there an adapter that I can use to connect the 1/2in fitting to the 7/8in fitting?

Thanks or helping out this newbie!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I usually run it to kitchen sink air gap mounted next to faucet withb a 5/8 connection and a 7/8 the 5/8 comes from dw and the 7/8 goes to either a wye pranch tail piece or 90 percent of time to the garbage disposal 7/8 inch stub.

BenRiegel

Reaction score
I usually run it to kitchen sink air gap mounted next to faucet withb a 5/8 connection and a 7/8 the 5/8 comes from dw and the 7/8 goes to either a wye pranch tail piece or 90 percent of time to the garbage disposal 7/8 inch stub.
I don't have a garbage disposal with the 7/8 inch stub, and the wye branch tail piece has a 1/2 stub. Do I need to replace the wye branch tail piece I currently have with one with a 7/8 inch stub, or is there some workaround?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
sure you can Macgyver something to get by for a few days, mean time order the proper wye branch tailpiece . generaly they are 7/8inch very common

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks