Disconnect PVC from Cast Iron

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Jimjr, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Jimjr

Jimjr New Member

Hello,

I want to disconnect 2 inch PVC from cast iron so I can install a new bathroom vanity in the basement.

The photo below shows the 2 inch sink drain PVC installed in a cast iron pipe which then goes under the concrete floor.

How do I get this apart? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida When the wife won't let you get a Harley!

Retired
    It's hard to tell from the picture but the seal maybe oakum. It appears that a whole lot of a glue was used at the seal. A small chesil or a screwdriver and hammer away at the seal. When you rework the plumbing, use a Fernco cast iron hub donut.

Attached Files:

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Attached Files:

4. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

How about sawing the pvc and gluing on the new stuff?

5. Jimjr

Jimjr New Member

Thank you.

6. Jimjr

Jimjr New Member

Thank you.