Disabling individual sprinkler heads

Users who are viewing this thread

Prashster

Reaction score
Is it possible to shut off an individual sprinkler head without digging/removing the head and capping off the tee?

I'm using Rainbird5000 heads.

Is there a 'blank' I can screw into the body or is there a special 0GPM nozzle or something????

Thanks,
Shawn

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
For any rotor sprinkler head with interchangeable nozzles, you can create a 'blank' nozzle with a bit of silicone caulk inside an old nozzle. The head will still pop up. If that's a problem, you dig it out and cap/plug the pipe connection.

Prashster

Reaction score
Followup

First attempt: Siliconed the nozzle. Forgot to screw it in. Water pressure blew it out.

Second attempt: Water pressure blew out the silicone.

Third attempt: Taped the back of the nozzle before inserting it. Worked like a charm.

Thanks. I didn't want to just cap the line bkz it wld have been a b-ch to find if/when I needed to change.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
When using this method, you're supposed to let the silicone set for awhile. Hunter does make a blank nozzle for their PGP heads (comes on the low-angle nozzle tree)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks