Dimensions for a bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Willl

Reaction score
I am going to have a small bathroom built that only has a toilet and one vanity in it. I would like the vanity to be pretty small with only one sink and a mirror up. The single door that enters into the room will open up outward from the room not inward. What is the minimum dimensions the room can be inorder to meet code. Thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This can vary somewhat with your local codes, but the common numbers I am familiar with are like this:

1) toilet must have 15" clearance to a wall, on both sides, measured from the centerline.
2) toilet must have 24" clear floor area in front of the bowl
3) lav sink must have 21" clear floor area in front.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are some small wall-mounted sinks, and some that fit into a corner that take up no floor space to speak of. A wall-mounted cabinet can give you space to store things like toilet tissue, towels, and soap. A good place for that is above the toilet tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks