Digital Shower Valves - anyone using one?

Users who are viewing this thread

ss3964spd

Reaction score
Am in the middle to a to the studs bathroom remodel and am seriously considering using either the Kohler DTV or the U Moen units. There don't seem to be any other brands on the market.

Anyone here using one or the other? Pros/Cons? Not looking for pros/cons between digital/remote controlled valves and manual valves, looking more for feedback from those who have been using one.

Thanks much,

Dan

NickK

Reaction score
You might want to consider whether controlling your shower via digital means is really going to work better than just a single handle control. Operating a touch screen or pushing buttons with wet hands doesn't seem like the best user experience. I also have heard that many major brands offer lifetime warranties on their plumbing fixtures but offer much shorter warranties on their digital products. I would make sure to check this out - especially if you plan to go with a full on digital control. Another idea is to go with a Delta Temp2O shower faucet control. These fixtures don't have a digital control but they do have a digital display. The display shows the temperature with a number plus it also has an LED light which changes colors as the water heats up. You can read more here Delta Temp2O Shower Faucet Controls. These are pretty nice items because they give you the advantages offered by a digital display but keep the normal single handle to operate the shower water.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
If a plumbing product doesn't have a twenty-year track record of reliability, I wouldn't put it in my house. Let someone else be the guinea pig. Replacing the turkeys that don't work long-term often requires smashing out tile and sheetrock. Expensive and massively inconvenient. Stick with the tried and true.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks