Difficult to turn shower handle

Users who are viewing this thread

cma

Reaction score
The handle I turn to switch from tub fill to shower was getting difficult to turn. Over time it reached the point where it would take 2 hands to turn it. Now it's so hard to turn that even two hands won't do it. Do I have to replace it? What would cause this problem?

THANKS,
Connie

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
What is your make and model? Maybe a picture? There will be a cartidge inside which can be replaced.

cma

Reaction score
Hard to Turn Shower Handle

Hi Jimbo,

Thanks for your reply. I looked on it and there doesn't appear to be a manufacture's name.

It was a replacement unit (all three controls) by ex-husb years ago and I think I recall that it's a Moen. I'm hoping that becoming hard to turn is a common problem with a common, easy solution. I may still have the instal instructions in my files and will look for them this evening.

THANKS
CMA

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

A picture may be necessary. I do not know of a Moen that had a rotating diverter, but the problem was common to all brass sleeve type diverters, which Moen also did not use.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks