Different standpipe sizes?

Users who are viewing this thread

mike04gt

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone knows if they make a standpipe back seal in any other sizes than 4"???

My drain opening in the floor is 4.5", but I cannot locate any other larger sizes online or at any of the local plumbing stores.

Thanks~

Last edited:

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
That is 4" ID pipe Go ahead and buy the stand pipe adapter, tighten the screws a bit so its will fit in snug, once you get it in the pipe tighten the screws, the rubber will expand enough to make a seal.

mike04gt

Reaction score
I think he's talking about the opening in his floor drain, not the pipe it's connected to.

From the other thread where this all came up https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25408&page=3, I would assume this is an old cast iron drain installed originally in the 20s or so.

Yea, its an old cast iron floor drain that measures an odd 4 1/2" opening size.

That is 4" ID pipe Go ahead and buy the stand pipe adapter, tighten the screws a bit so its will fit in snug, once you get it in the pipe tighten the screws, the rubber will expand enough to make a seal.

Just wanted to make sure it can fit before I buy one, thanks alot!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks