Difference between CST746CEMG and a Drake II?

Users who are viewing this thread

MyNameIsNebula

Reaction score
Hello!

Looking to upgrade my toilet to a Toto. I've narrowed it down to the "new" Drake CST746 series that has dual flush. Either 1.6 and 0.8 or 1.28 and 0.8. the price on these seem to be well under $300 each. They use Dynamax tornado flush and are CEFIONTECT coated. Elongated bowl for sure!

Can someone explain to me what the difference is between these and the Drake II? I think it looks like all Drake IIs are either universal height or ADA height, while the Drake Is can be those, or normal height (I think I want normal height) - and use "Tornado Flush", specifically not Dynamax?

Other than that...why are the Drake IIs over $400?

Are there cheap components in these "new" Drake Is? The bowl looks smaller in the picture..is it?

Thank you!!!

Edit; do they both fit a normal "elongated" toilet seat? I have some nice slow close, easy clean Bemis ones!

cst746-terrylove-05.jpg

CST746
Very little water in the bowl. More cleaning is needed.
updated 11/14/2020 by Terry Love

ms614-584-connect-4.jpg

Here is a II series bowl. The CST454CEMFG bowl will have water in the bowl similar to this.
Much easier to keep clean.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Last edited:

MyNameIsNebula

Reaction score
It may be that the Dynamax Tornado bowl is easier to make, since there is no siphon jet.
https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/drake-ii-footprint-installation.84082/#post-605781 has some discussion.

Thank you!

Good discussion there, although I wish there were some more reviews online, with these being fairly new. The dual flush seems great to me, but I'm hoping that it isn't just another point where parts can frequently break or fail.

If the bowls are the same size, I think I'll go with the new Drake 1 dual flush, is there some way to confirm? The TOTO diagrams do not list bowl size, and it almost seems like the Drake I elongated is...elongated in the front, but not a full oval bowl? Seems smaller than the Drake II, from the description and diagram, but hard to confirm.

Reach4

Reaction score
Toto CST746CUMF CST746CUMFand have Dynamax.

cst746-terrylove-05.jpg

CST746 has very little water in the bowl. More cleaning is needed on these bowls.

cst746-terrylove-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks