did you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

gizza job

Plumber
Reaction score
The toilet was invented by Thomas Crapper and i once worked with a lad who said that he was a distant relation to him.

His name..............FRAZER CRAPPER!!!!

I nearly died laughing when he told me.

Anyway just thought i`d share that memory with ya.

Last edited:

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
The toilet wasn't invented by crapper but his company did make and install many toilets in england. When american servicemen went into the bathroom (during the war)they saw the company name on the toilet. They reffered to it as a crapper because that's the name that was labeled on them.

Achutch

Reaction score
Tom Crapper Advertisement

Here is a photo of the Tom Crapper plate that a friend gave me. Up until a month ago, it hung on the wall in the half-bath where the antique "Standard" toilet was the focal point. I have "redone" the half bath (a great diversion after almost getting myself killed after hitting black ice back in February -- got my mind off the accident). It included new paint, new ADA height toilet, and one of my photos that I had had enlarged and framed to simulate a window.

Tom Crapper will be relocated to my summer cabin where the antiques will reign.

Here it is!

achutch

Attachments

• 5-BEFORE, Thomas Crapper closeup.jpg
    5-BEFORE, Thomas Crapper closeup.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 337

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Mr. T Crapper invented the 1st indoor flush toilet

Something you learn in the 1st year of trade school.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks